Thursday, January 10, 2013

The Pact


i am reading the book "The Pact" by Jodi Picoult. I am only on page 30 but so far its really good and dramatic. I am reading the book "The Pact" by Jodi Picoult. I am only on page 30 but so far it's really good and dramatic. There are two families that have lived next to each other for a long time. They are bet friends and their children are dating. Emily and Chris are very much in love.

I can relate to this. One of my best fiends, eve and I have the same situation. Her parents and my parents are best friends and we go on stuff like family trips together. We go to fire island every year.

Having this in common with the book is really helpful to me. I feel like i can really relate to the book and it is more fun for me because i go on similar adventures and trips that the two family's go on together. 

In the book, the families feel closer and safer near each other, they are so close, like two peas in a pod. Its really sweet how much they can rely on each other. I hope as i keep reading this book, that that will continue and the families will be able to rely on each other through rough times.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Dear Rebecca, i think your blog post is really good because you connected your characters life to your own life. I think thats a good strategy to connect so you can understand their feelings more which you included which was really good!!

Biana Talesnik said...

Dear Becca, I loved your blog post! I do agree with Sydney, I think what makes your blog post really good is the fact that you connected the relationship of the characters in your book, to your life, which does help you understand the book better because you can actually connect to it. But great post! <3