Thursday, February 28, 2013

Blog Review - Sofia Keaveny

http://skkeaveny.blogspot.com/2013/02/just-listen.html

I thought Sofia's blog post was really great. I have also read this book and i agree to what she was talking about. I think she pointed out a lot of interesting parts of the book that i hadn't even thought of. Like when she said "The book is called Just Listen meaning just listen to others, but I think the title really has a deeper meaning" when i read a book i don't think much of the title but i think its interesting how she really elaborated. I also think it was smart of her to talk about how it relates to her and her life. Sofia was talking about how the book effected her and i think thats important to think about and also not what a lot of people think about. 

This blog post makes me think of a few questions. Like if i didn't read the book, how does Annabel deal with all this pressure? Her mom pressures her into being something she doesn't want to be and her sister has an eating disorder, it must be a lot. 

Another thing that Sofia brought up that i thought was interesting is that she talked about how in her point in the story you were just getting to know the character Annabel. You really start to understand her and sofia says that she is a good listener. When i read that i thought about how earlier in the blog post Sofia was talking about the title having a little but more meaning then what it just says. I wonder if annabel being a good lister has anything to do with that. 

Overall, i thought that Sofia's blog post really stood out for many reasons. One is that it was really engaging when i first started to read it, it pulled me in. Also i have read the book and i thought it would be interesting to read what someone else thought about it. 

2 comments:

Georgia Patterson said...

Great review Becca!
I looked over Sofia's post and I thought that your review was valid based on her post. You had really good ideas formed off of her post. And I also agree with you about how her post stood out. Good job!
-Georgia

Unknown said...

Becca, I also agree with Georgia! I also choose this book as my blog review. I liked how you talked about her blog but also put your own ideas into it. I thought she did a really good job in relating her ideas to the world and herself. You also did a great job reviewing her great job haha!